Instructions for HB138
(Deed conveyance, transfer and recording procedures)
In order to have the deed conveyed, transferred and recorded, please use the following guidelines:
1. Send a copy of the confirmation entry, confirming sale, deed and distribution along with a check made payable to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.
a. The check should be for the correct amount of court cost and real estate taxes. Please confirm these amounts prior to mailing the check.
2. Send the prepared deed along with the completed conveyance form to 13 W. Washington Street, Athens, OH 45701 Attn: Joni
a. In addition, make 1 check to the Athens County Auditor for the correct amount of conveyance and transfer fees.
b. Make 1 check to the Athens County Recorder for the correct amount of recording fees.
c. Send a self addressed envelope for the return of your recorded deed.
When all of the above has been received I will hand deliver the forms to the County Auditor and County Recorder.
If you need further instructions or guidance call Joni Ross at
(740) 593-6633 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helpful information for interested bidders/buyers.
- Auctions will be conducted outside the Sheriff’s Office and will begin promptly at 10am.
- The starting bid of each property is two-thirds of the appraisal price listed.
- There is no sign-in process for people interested in bidding/attending the auction.
- If you are the winning bidder, you will need to have 10% of the purchase price to our office before 2:00pm on the sale date.
- We DO NOT except cash. Checks can be made payable to Athens County Sheriff’s Office.
FEBRUARY 11TH 2015 SALES
14CI0177 – BANK OF AMERICA, N.A. vs. DONALD W. PUCKETT
4 NOTTINGHAM DRIVE, ATHENS OHIO 45701
PARCEL # – A02-90400032-00 AND A02-90400031-00 APPRAISED @ $100,000.00
11CI0270 – UNITED STATES OF AMERICA vs. KETURAH E. JOLLEY
11 HARPER STREET, THE PLAINS, OHIO
PARCEL # – A04-02401076-01 AND A04-02401077-01 COURT ORDERED TO START BID @ $12,000.00
13CI0249 – UNITED STATES OF AMERICA vs. LOWRY, ANGELA K.
320 BURR OAK BOULEVARD, NELSONVILLE, OHIO
PARCEL # – P03-03200063-01 AND P03-03200063-00 – COURT ORDERED TO START BID @ $45,000.00