Instructions for HB138
(Deed conveyance, transfer and recording procedures)
In order to have the deed conveyed, transferred and recorded, please use the following guidelines:
1. Send a copy of the confirmation entry, confirming sale, deed and distribution along with a check made payable to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office.
a. The check should be for the correct amount of court cost and real estate taxes. Please confirm these amounts prior to mailing the check.
2. Send the prepared deed along with the completed conveyance form to 13 W. Washington Street, Athens, OH 45701 Attn: Joni
a. In addition, make 1 check to the Athens County Auditor for the correct amount of conveyance and transfer fees.
b. Make 1 check to the Athens County Recorder for the correct amount of recording fees.
c. Send a self addressed envelope for the return of your recorded deed.
When all of the above has been received I will hand deliver the forms to the County Auditor and County Recorder.
If you need further instructions or guidance call Joni Ross at
(740) 593-6633 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helpful information for interested bidders/buyers.
- Auctions will be conducted outside the Sheriff’s Office and will begin promptly at 10am.
- The starting bid of each property is two-thirds of the appraisal price listed.
- There is no sign-in process for people interested in bidding/attending the auction.
- If you are the winning bidder, you will need to have 10% of the purchase price to our office before 2:00pm on the sale date.
- We DO NOT except cash. Checks can be made payable to Athens County Sheriff’s Office. We also have a credit card machine which will charge you an additional $3.95 convenience fee.
SHERIFF SALES JANUARY 7, 2014
14CI0015 – Deutsche Bank National Trust vs. Cunningham, Elbert
15741 Myers Street, Nelsonville
Parcel # – P01-01001006-00
Appraised @ $38,000.00
13CI0168 – HSBC Bank, USA vs. Fyffe, Flora
8498 Oregon Ridge Road, MillfieldParcel # – G01-00100771-00, G01-00100772-00 and G01-00100773-00
Appraised @ $40,000.00
14CI0081 – Branch Banking and Trust Co. vs. Smith, Charles Bruce
631 Poplar Street, Nelsonville
Parcel # – P03-02600060-00
Appraised @ $ 50,000.00
14CI0156 – HSBC Bank, USA vs. J. Scott Whitney
4 Carol Lane, Athens
Parcel # – A01-01302001-00
Appraised @ $110,000.00
14CI0138 – Bank of New York vs. McCollister, Jason E.
5011 Townsend Road, Athens
Parcel # H01-00100479-00
Appraised @ $75,000.00
13CI0153 – U. S. Bank National Association vs. Embrey, Kathleen R.
20 Republic Avenue, Glouster
Parcel # – M04-00800035-00
Appraised @ $19,500.00
12CI0248 – JP Morgan Chase vs. Graham, James A.
16303 6th Street, MillfieldParcel # – G01-00700073-00
Appraised @ $45,000.00