Tax Sales & Bank Foreclosures
The properties listed are fully described in the legal documents on file in the Athens County Common Pleas Court, Clerk’s Office. The Sheriff is merely an agent for the sale in accordance with the Court Order. Prospective purchasers are advised to search the public records to investigate title and description.
If you need further guidance call Joni Ross at (740) 593-6633 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpful information for interested bidders/buyers.
- Auctions will be conducted outside the Sheriff’s Office, 13 W. Washington Street, and will begin promptly at 10am.
- The starting bid of each property is two-thirds of the appraisal price listed, unless otherwise stated.
- There is no sign-in process for people interested in attending/bidding at the auction.
- If you are the highest/winning bidder, you will need to have 10% of the purchase price to our office before 2:00pm on the sale date.
- We DO NOT accept cash. Checks can be made payable to Athens County Sheriff’s Office.
NOVEMBER 25TH 2015
15CI0100 – JP MORGAN CHASE VS. MARY F. SMITH
371 WEST FRANKLIN STREET, NELSONVILLE
PARCEL # – P03-01100017-00 – APPRAISED @ $50,000.00
15CI0027 – UNITED STATES OF AMERICA VS. SONYA WEINKAUF, DECEASED
9175 ECHO LANE, ATHENS
PARCEL # – A01-01304003-00 – APPRAISED @ $42,000.00