Tax Sales & Bank Foreclosures
The properties listed below are fully described in the legal documents which can be obtained from the Athens County Common Pleas Court, Clerk’s Office. The Sheriff is merely an agent for the sale in accordance with the Court Order. Prospective purchasers are advised to search the public records to investigate title and description.
If you need further guidance call Joni Ross at (740) 593-6633 or e-mail email@example.com
Helpful information for interested bidders/buyers.
- Auctions will be conducted outside the Sheriff’s Office, 13 W. Washington Street, and will begin promptly at 10am.
- The advertisement for each sale will run for three (3) consecutive Sunday’s in The Athens Messenger prior to the sale date.
- The starting bid of each property is two-thirds of the appraised price listed, unless otherwise stated.
- There is no sign-in process for people interested in attending/bidding at the auction.
- If you are the highest/winning bidder, 10% of the purchase price is to be paid to our office before 2:00pm on the sale date.
- We DO NOT accept cash. Checks can be made payable to Athens County Sheriff’s Office.
SHERIFF SALES – MAY 25TH 2016
15CI0117 – BELPRE SAVINGS BANK VS. ROBERT G. ROBINSON JR.
26281 ROCK STREET, COOLVILLE
PARCEL # – L02-00200016-00, L02-00200017-00 & L02-00200018-00
APPRAISED @ 12,000.00
15CI0212 – HABITAT FOR HUMANITY SOUTHEAST OHIO VS. MARJORIE L. NELSON
210 GROVER STREET, NELSONVILLE
PARCEL # – P02-00200008-00 – APPRAISED @ $72,000.00
15CI0169 – U.S. NATIONAL BANK ASSOCIATION VS. CLYDE V. ELY
3972 RAILROAD STREET, NEW MARSHFIELD
PARCEL # – N01-00901016-00 – APPRAISED @ $18,000.00
14CI0196 – RONALD MURPHY VS. WILLIAM M. MURPHY
28364 OSBORNE ROAD, COOLVILLE
PARCEL #’S – L01-00100607-00, L01-00100607-01, L01-00100611-00 & L01-00100644-00
APPRAISED @ $185,000.00
TAX DELINQUENT SALE
PLEASE SEE THE ADVERTISEMENT IN SUNDAY’S EDITION OF THE ATHENS MESSENGER FOR FULL DETAILS.
1ST SALE DATE – JUNE 1, 2016 – BID STARTS @ $9,830.57
2ND SALE DATE (IF NOT SOLD ON JUNE 1) – BID STARTS @ $9,835.83
15CI0068 – WILLIAM J. BIAS, ATHENS COUNTY TREASURER VS. HELEN HEDDEN ROACH
0 WEST WASHINGTON STREET, ATHENS
PARCEL # – A02-73000036-00 – SEE ABOVE FOR STARTING BIDS.